Thanks for letting me dissect my "meeting/date" on here for all the blogging world to see. Sometimes it helps for me to get it out in this forum and helps me think and make sense of things. It also does help to get other people's perspectives on the matter, even though it's ultimately my decision.
It also helps that most of the people that read this blog are strangers to me. It might sound weird but sometimes I feel that I can tell strangers more about my life than the people in my life. I feel the comments are more objective than if you really knew me in my personal life. Does that make sense? Do any of you feel the same way? Or do you have a lot of friends and family reading your blog? I only have about 2 people from my personal life that may read my blog on any given day. No one else really knows about it.
Now, let's not tell him that I dissected our meeting on here! He might not appreciate it as much! :p
So let's get back to how I have been doing in my healthy living journey.
Um...Well...maybe we shouldn't. I've been struggling a bit. It's funny how some weeks, we can have really good weeks and some weeks, it all falls apart.
I was trying to figure out the reasons for my struggles these last two weeks. These are not excuses, they are just reasons why I may have chosen options that were not as healthy as I should have. (This sentence doesn't seem correctly worded. I'm just having a hard time and I don't want to say "good" foods or "bad" foods, since there really aren't such things).
1. I've been much busier at work: busy work = more stress = not concentrating on what I'm eating.
2. Life has been busier recently: working last Sunday at my parent's restaurant + helping cousin pack for move + success story speaking engagement + meeting/date = not as much time to work out = more stress = not concentrating on what I'm eating = also equals emotional eating.
3. Since life has been busier recently, I didn't go grocery shopping: No grocery shopping = no food in the house = munching on processed food that I do have in the house.
I've also gotten lax on the good goals I created one week that really seemed to work for me! I wasn't eating anything except veggies or a glass of milk after 9:00 pm. I've definitely let that go these last two weeks.
So my goals for this coming week starting tomorrow (Saturday):
1. Go grocery shopping.
2. Plan to make at least two recipes for next week so I have food in the fridge to grab for work lunches.
3. Implement the "no eating past 9:00 pm" rule again.
4. Take time for myself to fit in my exercise routine for the week.
I think that should cover it. I don't have much planned for the weekend. I may go to a friends house one day but she hasn't gotten back to me, so that's up in the air. But I'll make the most of tomorrow if I'm home to get much of the grocery stuff done so I have no excuses.
I also don't have any Halloween decorations since this is the first year I've lived in my own house. I'm so weird when it comes to money. I've stared at Halloween decorations for the past two weeks but I can't seem to fork over any money! Now everyone is starting to sell out.
I think I formulated a plan in my head of what I want to do now. Hopefully the stores have the items I want for my Halloween decorations.
Do you decorate for Halloween? Do you dress up even as adults?