It's a Tuesday evening at U.S. Cellular Field (a.k.a Comisky Park) and I work downtown so this actually works out perfectly for me (even though I am a Cubs fan!).
This race is supporting the Les Turner ALS Foundation. If you are not sure what ALS is, this is on the race website and gives a good description:
"Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease or motor neuron disease (MND), is a progressive disease that causes muscle weakness, difficulty speaking and swallowing and generally, complete paralysis. In most cases, while the body continues to deteriorate, the mind remains unaffected."
Read more about the organization and this disease here.
The people at the Les Turner ALS Foundation have been generous enough to offer a free entry for this race to my readers (you guys)!
- Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Location: U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, Illinois
- A new course with entertainment at every mile
- Awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in each age group
- Post Race Party on the ChiSox Bar and Grill apron outside of U.S. Cellular Field
- $3.00 beers and discounted food items
- Post race concert
- And much more!
Would you like to win?? See entry rules below: (Note: Please only enter this giveaway if you CAN do this race.)
- Entry one - What is your favorite sports team? Comment below.
- For a second entry - Like my facebook page here and leave a separate comment below saying you did (or one saying you already like my page).
- For a third and forth entry - Share this giveaway on facebook and/or twitter and let me know in a separate entry that you did and post the link. You can share it on both for separate entries, just leave separate comments for each share. (Follow me on Twitter here).
This giveaway will run through June 30th and I will pick a winner at 10:00 a.m. on July 1st!
Please make sure you leave separate comments for each entry option you complete!