January in Review
Running Miles: 63.66
Swim Distance: 850 yards (2 short swim sessions)
Crossfit Days: 4
Strength Training/Cross Training Days: 8
# of Workout Days this month: 20 (65%)
I didn't make any official goals for this year. I have some "ideas" in my head but I never really listed anything definite. What do I want to accomplish this year? Here are some of my ideas.
1. Run 1,000 miles this year. I don't think I've actually accomplished this since I started tracking 2 years ago. I got to about 900+ in 2013. I'm off to a slow start with 63.66 miles run in January. But with the crazy cold and snowy weather, I'll take it.
2. Lose weight. I really want to lose weight. Do I have a specific goal? I know I'd like to lose a total of 30 lbs but I'd even be happy with 15 or 20 lbs. Any weight loss will be progress. That's part of the reason I didn't sign up for a spring full marathon (thankfully because this weather is brutal). I just can't lose weight during marathon training. Although, January hasn't been a weight loss month for me. I need to eat better foods overall.
3. PR my full marathon (?). I know I shouldn't have a question mark there. Either do it or don't. I'm afraid. Very afraid. Haha! My marathons were less than stellar last year. Injuries and weight I'm sure had a lot to do with it. I had troubles that I never had before. Stupid marathons! So yes, I want to PR my marathon, which I will run in the fall. Right now, I'm thinking Grand Rapids Marathon in late October.
4. Do more cross-training/strength training days. Ideally, I'd like to go twice a week. I did get a groupon for crossfit (one month unlimited) that I've been successfully using! And I have to say I really like it! I guess crossfit is a post for another day! I'll be sad when my groupon is over and I either have to fork over the cash or stop going.
5. Swim at least one day per week (starting Feb) - I had an indoor triathlon yesterday (post to come) and I only swam very briefly two days before this due to my shoulder dislocating about 1 month ago. But my shoulder was fine during the 15 minutes swim so I think I need to start building my endurance again on the swimming. I'd like to go 2 days per week even if briefly, but will settle for 1 day as I have SO MUCH working out going on already! I love swimming. I need to get back to it. I need to get a new bathing suit! Haha! And I need to prepare for my triathlon in June which has a 1/2 mile swim!
6. For February: Increase the number of workout days/percentage from January. 35% missed workout days seems like A LOT to me.
I think that's all my "ideas" for 2014 so far. I like my ideas. I don't think they are unattainable at all. I might not have specifically pin pointed "weight loss #" or an exact # for other things but what I'm looking for is progress, not perfection. I don't want to get too tied down on a number and feel like a failure because in October, I've only lost 7 lbs (for an example) and then just give up because I'm not hitting my "goal number".
Happy running! Hopefully spring makes its way here soon...