I've been meaning to put together a post to thank the sponsors who provided some awesome things to our team. When I signed up for Ragnar, I didn't know we would have any sponsors!! Our team is incredibly thankful for all the support shown to our team American Sweathearts!
The sponsors (in no particular order) are:
- Chobani - Chobani is providing some race morning snacks for our team. Can I tell you how excited I am about that? I love Chobani and in fact, brought some for work today.
- Haeleum - Haeleum provided our team with insect repellant shirts with our team name on them! How awesome is that? I ran in the shirt for a trial run and it fit and felt great!
- Body Glide - I should buy stock in Body Glide! They provided our team with some Body Glide for Her and a t-shirt!
- Bondiband - Bondiband provided us with a cool star themed headband which goes perfectly with our USA theme!
|Teammate Kelly J. modeling the Bondiband! (Hope you don't mind I borrowed your photo!)|
- Freshii - Thanks to Freshii for some much needed financial help and coupons!!
|Teammates at Freshii (L-R: Kate S., Kate LF, Lisa, Kelly J. )|
- Oiselle - My friend Kelly is a Oiselle Ambassador (and a driver for our team) and I've been hearing and see their products for a while now but haven't been lucky enough to try anything! They provided our team with shorts and a t-shirt!
- Handful - Thanks to Handful for providing us with some hats to protect us from the sun!
- Honey Stinger - I recently bought some Honey Stinger Waffle for race fuel at an expo but haven't had a chance to try them yet. Honey Stinger provided us with some great fuel to help us get through our legs of the relay!
- Aspaeris - I had a few pairs of their compression shorts already and love them! Thank you Aspaeris for providing each member of our team TWO pairs of the Aspaeris Pivot Compression Shorts!! This will definitely come in handy for running and recovery between legs!
|Some members of American Sweathearts (L-R: Maggie, Me, Kate LF, Melanie)|
- Proud Runner - Proud Runner provided each team member with a pair of socks! You might remember my "Bad Ass" socks (which I PR'd my half marathon in January 2013 while wearing them). Yup...Proud Runner makes them!
|"Bad Ass" Runner!|
- Brooks - Brooks provided us with some sunglasses!
So I'm ready to go! Let's get ready to shove 9 people (plus drivers) into 2 vans and run, sweat, and have fun while running from Madison, WI to Chicago, IL! Our team starts on Friday at 7 a.m.
I am running 3 legs (well 4 legs since we only have 9 runners instead of 12, but 2 of my legs are together).
My legs are:
Leg 5: 6.3 Miles
Legs 16 & 17: Total 8.7 Miles
Leg 29: 5.5 Miles
Total Miles I will have to run: 20.5 Miles in about 1.5 days. Let's bring it on!! Wish me and American Sweathearts luck!!