Things are back to normal for me. Matt is back in Omaha. I'm at work. I thought I would give a quick recap of the past week and two weekends.
1. Ice Skating at Millennium Park
2. Sears Tower (stood on the new glass ledge)
3. People watched at Millennium Park, saw the Bean and Matt took photos
4. Dinner, dinner, dinner, and maybe lunch
5. Bowling downtown and a few drinks
6. More drinks at my cousin's house on Friday night
7. More bowling on Saturday night into the wee hours of the night...with more drinks...uh...
8. Slept in. Slept in some more.
9. 2 workouts at the gym on Sunday morning and Tuesday night
10. Art Institute
11. More stuff I'm sure...but I can't remember anything else!
Matt loved, loved, loved my cat Isabelle more than anything else on his trip and basically spent the entire time cuddling with her. Seriously! Even when I went to work, he told me he cuddled with her in the bed for a while! What!?!? lol.
Now for the recipe!
Matt and I made this recipe for dinner on Saturday night. It's relatively healthy (consists of good fats). You can cut down or cut out on some ingredients as you choose. We included everything the way it was but didn't end up using all the dressing or anything. We did not include the almonds either. This was such a delicious salad!
Click here for the link directly to the site that we got the recipe from.
Pork Salad with Summer Fruits and Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 cooked pork chops, sliced
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 nectarines, cut into 12-wedges each
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 tablespoons slivered, toasted almonds
- salt and black pepper
- Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 cup salad oil
- For the Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine all ingredients except oil. Blend at medium speed for one minute. Next, with blender at medium speed, pour oil very slowly into blender. Add salt and pepper.
- For each serving, toss 2 cups greens with 2 tablespoons dressing, top with 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced pork chop, 1/2 avocado, sliced in wedges, 1/2 nectarine sliced in wedges, 1/4 grapefruit segments. Drizzle with more dressing and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.